Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Oh, that's right. I have a blog.

Oh, hello there. It has been awhile. My apologizes. Quick recap of the negatives and positives of the past few months.

- So, I did not apply to grad school, much to my dismay. I can't keep getting my hopes up about going to grad school when I know, in my mind, I'm not where I want to be professionally. I'm not happy with my current job, and that has brought me down and exhausted me, making me less inclined to work on the grad school applications. So, unlike my previous post, which seems like ages ago [september], apparently telling everyone I'm going to do something doesn't make me really do that something. Just makes me feel like I failed... failed to motivate myself and kick my butt into gear. So, my bad.
+ I set my mind on a new goal for 2012. Maybe the grad school thing will happen next year. But, for now, I set a goal to do something I've come close to achieving before. Sub 2:30 half marathon! I've signed up for a half marathon on Saturday, May 26th. I'm also hoping to lose some of the weight that I've put on since working in a residential treatment facility. The food in RTFs are high carb high fat diets. Everyone gains weight in RTFs, both staff and clients. So, signing up for the half marathon has two goals in mind... completing the half in under 2 hours 30 minutes and getting back into the shape I was in prior to working in RTFs... aka before I moved to the east coast and it was too cold to run outdoors in the winter. =)
+ I met a very sweet boy... in a bar. Now, I have been warned that I shouldn't get my hopes up over meeting boys in bars, but ya know what? I found a good one. His name is Matthew Dylan. And he has dimples. I like his dimples. =)

That is pretty much what has been going on over the past few months. It has snowed once in Philadelphia... on October 28th. It is the middle of January and all we've had is rain. And an average temperature of 45 degrees. This time last year, Rhode Island was covered in snow. What the heck, global warming?! GO away, I like winter and snow. I want to snuggle with the boyfriend and watch snow flakes falling outside. What I don't want, is to get soaked and wet in January. Bah.

No comments:

Post a Comment