Saturday, June 4, 2011

Here's to a new city.


Hello from Philadelphia =)

Updating for your viewing pleasure from a coffee shop called Saxbys. Let me tell you about Saxbys. Saxbys always has very attractive men walking in and out of it on a daily basis. I have been here a handful of times, using there internet to keep myself occupied during the day. Saxbys is located in my little town of Manayunk. Tomorrow there is a bike race coming through the town. So lately, I have seen many international spandex-clad cyclists with some pretty hot accents. Yesterday, I didn't look so great as I was sitting here hunting for jobs. So today, I made sure I looked better, and put some make up on. Unfortunately, I didn't catch the attention of the attractive Australian cyclists. The only time they looked my way was when I tripped walking off a platform and almost twisted my ankle. Nice first impression, Meli.

Other than my new found appreciation for spandex-clad men, life in Philadelphia has been alright. Unfortunately, I've been spending a lot of time by myself because Jessica works all the time and I have no other friends in Philadelphia yet. Though, that hasn't been too bad to be honest. The past 9 months, living in Rhode Island, I never really got a whole lot of time to myself, so lately, this time to myself has been enjoyable. I have been occupying my time by watching television, sleeping, hanging out in coffee shops, running, the occasional baking, and trying to do crossword puzzles.

The crossword puzzles are the most frustrating parts of my day. Oh, the life of an unemployed 24 y/o female. It's been very exciting. I have been practicing the art of flirtation lately, as I am back to the single life, thanks to that jerk I used to date. Readers, remind me to never again date a coworker. Screw you, he-who-must-not-be-named. I'm glad I haven't lost the ability to flirt, though. A little rusty, but not too bad! Yay for Meli.

On the agenda for the next few weeks: NASHVILLE, TN!!! Jessica and I are roadtripping to Nashville for the CMA Music Fest... four amazing days of country music! Super excited. Additionally, hopefully in the next few weeks, I hear back from some jobs and find out they'd like to hire me. As awesome as this break from employment can be, it's going to get pretty damn boring. Cross your fingers. =)

As the kids say in Rhode Island when someone leaves... Deuces!

No comments:

Post a Comment