Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Movie Ticket for One, Please.

I did something for the first time the other day. After my usual 2 hours in my coffee shop, I packed up my laptop in my backpack and decided to just keep walking until I found something to do. And I did find something to do! I came upon a United Artist movie theater… and I asked a friend if it's sad that I'm considering going to a movie by myself. He said not at all. That was all the encouragement I needed to walk into the theaters. I watched Hangover 2 by myself. Going to movies solo is kind of fun, I enjoyed it ha. I'll do it again sometime.

After the movie, I began my walk back to my apartment. I figured I had spent a good 5 hours outdoors doing absolutely nothing in particular.. I deserved to return to the apartment to do absolutely nothing there. On the way, I stopped in a used bookstore. I love bookstores, I could have spent a long time in there perusing through the shelves. Unfortunately, it was 4:30 and I hadn't really eaten lunch and I really needed to use a restroom, so I didn't spend much time there. It was nice to notice, as I was browsing through the various shelves that are not sorted in any particular order, that I had read several books on the shelves. I politely joined into a conversation that these two guys were having about different books and authors. It first started with the Eragon books, and which order the books went in. Of course I know that answer. Eragon, Eldest, Brissinger. I never read Brissinger.. I actually tried to, but the library was demanding that I return the book, so I never finished it. They were fun books to read. The conversation then turned to Khalid Houssini and his books. I enjoyed his books and am anxiously waiting for him to write another book. We talked about Paulo Coehlo and his books as well. I've only read two of his books, The Alchemist (who hasn't read that book?) and the Pilgrimage. After that, I decided to stop barging in on their conversation, they didn't really seem to want to talk to me, so I dropped it and returned to the books.

I have a lot of books waiting to be read. Before he-who-must-not-be-named was leaving for Indonesia, he collected all the books he had read over the past 2 years while at camp, and was going to sell them. I figured this was a perfect opportunity to update my booklist so I raided the selection before he was able to sell them. I came away with variety of different books. It's probably about time I pull one out and start reading it.

Anyone have any suggestions for books to read? I am always looking for a good book, despite the pile of books I already have.

Deuces!

1 comment: