Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Ladies Love Country Boys


I found a cuter coffee shop to blog in and drink some coffee. They almost have cups like Central Perk does! One downside is that they don't have any wireless. Boo. My old trusty Saxbys didn't have any working wireless today, so I decided to wander over to this one, which I'm not quite sure of the name of, only to discover it doesn't have wireless. It's alright though, it is really cute. A nice place to recount my time in Nashville. It's a beautiful day in Philly right now, so I'm writing to you all outside, people watching and blogging.

Nashville was a treat. It was amazing to be immersed in the culture of country music for 4 days. I cannot recap the whole 4 days because I know I will not be able to do Nashville justice. However, for those of you who don't know, I was in Nashville for the CMA Country Music Fest, which is a 4 day country music celebration with a ton of country music artists and other fun things. My least favorite part of the entire trip was the drive. From Philadelphia to Nashville it takes about 13.5 hours. I've never driven further than 5 hours, so my goodness, 13 hours was a lot. We left Philadelphia about 6:15am and made it to Nashville around 7pm, thanks to central time zone changes. Ha. Now, our hotel… while not the swankiest of hotels, was not too bad. We did discover that they steal from other hotels, as we found mini toiletry items from other hotels in our shower. Nice job, M Star Hotel.

The venue for the CMA Fest was the Titans football stadium.. LP Field. It's a pretty nice stadium, though not the easiest to move through. During the day, there were 2 blocks of fun, country festivities and free things to enjoy. Jessica and I definitely enjoyed the free things… especially the free ice cream and free t-shirts. My goodness, it was hot! Since it was ridiculously hot there, everyone was handing out little fans, so I have a nice collection of those fans in my car. I'm sure they'll come in handy sometime in the future. Jessica got a nice burn the first day, which thankfully has turned into a nice looking tan. Although today, I noticed she was peeling the skin off the burn… it was rather disgusting and I told her she looks like a snake peeling.

I continued to practice meeting and flirting with guys there. I figured it was a perfect place to practice, considering everyone at this thing is there to have a good time and meet people. Country boys are attractive. The blog title holds true for me now… I'll take a boy in a cowboy hat, wranglers, and cowboy boots any day. While the male country music artists were singing, I'd pretend they were singing to me. It is a fantasy of mine, for someone to write a song about me ha. Unfortunately, I didn't meet any real country boys. We did end up meeting some interesting gentlemen the first day. They were standing right next to us at the outside Riverfront stage, complaining about the heat and grass and having no where to sit. See, Jessica and I are smart, we brought beach towels to sit on during the outdoor concerts. They complemented us on our ingenuity. I figured, I am here to have a good time, right, why not invite these guys to share my beach towel. So I offered mine and made Jessica share with me. They were nice, chatty, complaint. Ha they didn't want to sit on the grass because they would get there khaki shorts dirty. Really? Are you girls? Anyway. To make this rather long story short, we ended up hanging out with these gentlemen most of the nights there, because Jessica and I could never decide where else we should go. I think I did pretty well attracting one gentleman, he was fun. Of course, I got a little neurotic at the end, but I wouldn't be me if I didn't get all quirky, right? Sure.

The 13+ hours back to Philly after all this was brutal. We didn't sleep much ha, we were out a little too late every night, so my goodness, the drive back was hard. I discovered that Nashville during all this requires the same amount of energy as Las Vegas, which I wasn't quite prepared for. Now I understand why they call the Music City, Nash Vegas.

So, now I am back in Philadelphia, back to hanging out with myself most days and trying to figure out where the heck I am going to work. I accepted a job offer from a company called Devereux, acting as a Direct Support Staff for a female residential facility. Not the particular job I was looking for, but the one I reallllly want hasn't contacted me yet. So, until they do contact me, I'll have this job. Whatever. Since I have some free time now before I start any particular job, I will be going home for two weeks, from June 22-July 6. Yay.

So much more I want to write on this beautiful summer day in Philadelphia, but I'll save it for another time. Stay tuned for more… I'll have to update you all on my social experiment… a new way to meet guys at bars ha. A crossword puzzle! So far, it got the attention of two gentlemen. I'll test out the theory again soon and let yall know the result. =)

Deuces!

No comments:

Post a Comment